Latest posts by Tim Firmager (see all)
- London’s Two Brewers reopens with Cabaret - 18 October, 2018
- Mica Paris sings Ella Fitzgerald – Quaglino’s London - 16 October, 2018
- Bar review: Fontaine’s – new Martini menu in East London - 14 October, 2018
With the Royal Wedding and Chelsea Flower Show both recent events, a summer of celebration is unfolding in London. The cocktail scene is reflecting that vibe, many venues are choosing to showcase floral infusions and lighter, delicate flavours. This month’s cocktail roundup at Vada includes some sensational cocktails, so read on to find out where to sip cocktails in London.
Inspired by the Chelsea Flower show and the arrival of British Summertime, Vijay’s Bar on Charlotte Street has created the East India Company cocktail (£12). This speakeasy style hotspot has an array of sumptuous cocktails where floral notes and Indian spices play a prominent role. For a dreamy gin cocktail, Vijay’s East India Company blends Hendrick’s Gin, Fernet Branca with aromatic and floral rose & rosemary syrup, tonic and a touch of fresh lemon juice for a subtle sharpness.
Vijay’s Bar & Lounge is located at 93 Charlotte Street, Fitzrovia, London, W1T 4PY
Zuzu Fizz (£9) at Coin Laundry is a pretty cocktail featuring botanical flavours and a sweet floral scent and is the ideal summer cocktail to sip in the sunshine outside on Exmouth Market. Blush in colour, the Zuzu Fizz comprises Boxer gin infused with delicate rose tea, a dash of sweet almond syrup, a touch of nutmeg, and blended perfectly together with egg white, lemon & tonic.
For more information on Coin Laundry, visit coinlaundry.co.uk.
Lost + Found pop up at The Den
One of the top 50 bars in the world, Lost + Found comes to London for the first time at The Den at 100 Wardour St, from Nicosia Cyprus. From 4 – 7 June, Lost + Found will take over The Den, showcasing their expert skills and inimitable concoctions. Lost + Found’s signature serves we’re looking forward to sip at The Den include:
- Three of Strong – a fruity blend featuring Sailor Jerry, Aperol with passion fruit, lemon juice and angostura bitters
- TGJ Hot Lucy – London Dry, ginger syrup, Agave monin, fresh lemon juice, orange bitters angostura, fresh coriander
- Pink Fluid – Aperol strawberries and white pepper, three cents pink grapefruit soda water
- Poison Apple – featuring Dupont Calvados, Green Chartreuse, absinthe, Xante pear liqueur lemon, apple and egg white
- One Eyed Willy’s Treasure – a tropical blend of Plantation Pineapple Rum, Wray & Nephew, Cocchi Americano, Triple Sec, Angostura bitters, falernum and lime
- The Great Gatsby – consisting of strawberry vodka, bergamot liqueur, Prosecco, lemon sorbet and dried raspberries
- The Templar – with Citron Vodka, Guava, Champagne and citron foam
For more information on Coin Laundry, visit thedenwardour.com.
Moving from West London to the East London Honor Oak location, the genial bar host, Luca Cordiglieri opens his first bar and café, Two Spoons. Having previously managed China Tang at The Dorchester, and the cocktail bar in Soho’s 68 and Boston he has the relevant credentials. The new menu includes the One Tree Hill drink (£8.50), named after a nature reserve close to the bar and one of London’s tallest points. This long drink served on ice is made with gin, chamomile and lavender syrup, lemon juice, elderflower tonic and Italicus bergamot rosolio.
For more information on Coin Laundry, visit twospoons-cafebar.co.uk.
Hello cowboy, welcome to the Wild West. Well, actually the next best thing in London, on the King’s Road, at Moonshine Saloon. Guests to Moonshine Saloon, bring a bottle of their favourite spirit, which mixologists will then turn into a variety of cocktails for them to sip. The first stop at Moonshine is the ‘local tailor’, who will measure guests up for Stetson Hats and Cowboy gear, ensuring they don’t attract attention in the West for the wrong reasons. Once they look the part, The King of The Moonshiners will grant guests exclusive access into the shadiest spirit making business in town. Upon being taken downstairs to the Saloon, they can try their luck at card and dice games, exchange tales of life in the West and enjoy personalised moonshine cocktails, all while evading the beady eye of the local Sheriff. Those who manage to escape the Law as a Moonshiner in the Saloon are invited to stop for a refreshment in the General Store before leaving the Wild West!
Moonshine Saloon is located at 535 Kings Road, Chelsea, London, SW10 0SZ.
Tickets costs £33.99, and for more information and bookings, visit moonshinesaloon.com.