Latest posts by Tim Firmager (see all)
- Mica Paris sings Ella Fitzgerald – Quaglino’s London - 16 October, 2018
- Bar review: Fontaine’s – new Martini menu in East London - 14 October, 2018
- Even more things to try for National Chocolate Week - 13 October, 2018
The Savoy, the landmark hotel on the bank of the Thames, has always welcomed the most talented of artists to entertain guests. Coinciding with International Jazz Day (30th April), The Savoy recently launched Jazz Fridays, a new weekly evening of musical entertainment in the Thames Foyer.
Renowned as the vibrant heart of the hotel, the Thames Foyer is most famous for welcoming guests for one of the most impressive afternoon teas in London. Now, as day becomes night, the atmosphere in this magnificent glass domed atrium takes on a more sultry tone, transforming into a candlelit setting reminiscent of the 1920s jazz age. Performer, Nicola Emmanuelle brings her own contemporary and iconic style to the work and sound of the original jazz pioneers of the 30s, 40s and 50s, entertaining guests with renditions of some of the all time jazz greats.
Accompanied by her talented pianist, Emmanuelle will play three sets beginning at 8pm and running through to 11pm every Friday for guests enjoying a relaxed evening of drinks, dinner or dessert and cocktail pairing in the Thames Foyer.
The Temptation Wheel Dessert and Cocktail Pairing Menu is set to provide guests with a unique and indulgent dining experience featuring show stopping desserts created by The Savoy pastry team. Each dessert has been carefully matched with a handmade chocolate and uniquely blended cocktail and, on Friday’s, will provide the perfect accompaniment to jazz. Examples from the dessert and cocktail menu include:
- Chocolatl – unique textures of 63% Gran Blanco dark chocolate served in an edible coco pod
- Citrus on the Rock – tangy citrus foam, earl grey rocks, honey tuile, zesty grapefruit sorbet
- Southern Rose – fragrant, floral, fruity made from Grey Goose, rose, muscat, St Germain, raspberry syrup
- Winding Road – indulgent, intense, deep created from Bacardi Ocho, ruby port, coffee maple, chocolate bitters
To book your Jazz Friday at The Savoy and to see the full Temptation Wheel menu, visit: www.fairmont.com/savoy-london/dining/thamesfoyer.