- Restaurant review: Chino Latino, London - 28 August, 2023
- Where can you find Rainbow Plaques in the UK? - 27 August, 2023
- Have you visited the UK’s first permanent LGBTQ comedy club? - 23 July, 2023
Bang & Olufsen is the audio-visual firm known for design excellence, craftsmanship and product innovation, and in our humble opinion the best brand for design. Its sister company B&O PLAY focuses on audio lifestyle, which has just launched their Beoplay Autumn/Winter 2017 Collection. This a limited-edition range of premium speakers, headphones and the latest wireless earphones inspired by the fashion and interior colour trends of the season.
For this season, B&O Play aim to remind us that simplicity and serenity is timeless. Having had the opportunity to try out these products, we at Vada we found the Beoplay Autumn/Winter 2017 collection definitely embrace simplicity, as throughout the Bang & Olufsen group. Both Beoplay portable speakers are touch sensitive, with a mere gesture needed to operate rather than the forceful press of a physical button. Serenity is true in the ease of connection to our devices.
B&O have found colour inspiration in that magical slice of time, where autumnal light drapes the Japanese landscapes in sophisticated and unexpected colour combinations. Hence the natural and expressive materials used in the collection such as leather and aluminium is softened by a palette of lilac, violet, cityscape grey (dubbed ‘vapour’) and deep brown (‘umber’) to form a collection that slots into your AW17 wardrobe with ease.
The full Autumn/Winter Collection 2017 includes:
- Beoplay P2 – a personal and unapologetically beautiful portable speaker that easily slips into your bag or pocket to take anywhere. Designed by Cecilie Manz, available in Lilac, Umber and Natural.
- Beoplay H4 – the new archetype within the over-ear wireless headphone segment in a clean and contemporary design by Jakob Wagner and available in Vapour and Violet.
- Beoplay H5 – premium, ultra-portable and wireless earphones designed for music lovers with an active lifestyle by Jakob Wagner, available in Vapour only.
- Beoplay A1 – an adventurous member in the family of portable Bluetooth speakers in a beautiful design by Cecilie Manz, available in both Umber and Violet colours.
Prices range from £149 for the smaller P2 portable speaker, to £249 for the H4 headphones, with our favourite being the Beoplay A1 in Umber (£199). The full Autumn/Winter 2017 collection is available to purchase online at beoplay.com, and at select Bang & Olufsen stores worldwide.