- A love letter to Manchester from the Corn Exchange - 10 February, 2021
- ‘If you don’t fight for something, nothing will change,’ says Pride 365 founder on Nicola Adams’ Strictly first - 8 September, 2020
- Rugby uniform gets more swipes right on Tinder - 2 September, 2020
Here at Vada Magazine we love a good cocktail. However, there’s always a time when you need to step back and cut out the booze. But water’s boring, right? Well, how about a delicious recipe for a virgin cucumber mojito.
The trick is to pick the right soft drinks to make sure there’s plenty of flavour. You can, of course, just add rum if you need booze.
- 1/2 lime
- 1 cup water
- 12 leaves fresh mint
- 2 slices cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 1/3 cup ice cubes, crushed
- sugar to taste (alternatively, try agave nectar)
- Infuse the water with the cucumber in a fridge for at least an hour (overnight is best).
- Clap the mint leaves into one hand to bruise them and release their flavour.
- Put the ice into a tall glass with the fresh mint and sugar.
- Squeeze in the juice from the lime and put the lime aside.
- Add in the cucumber water.
- Using a long spoon, muddle the ingredients in the glass.
- Run the lime around the rim of your glass.
- Garnish with slices of lime and/or cucumber to taste.