Latest posts by Vada Voices (see all)
- Running for friendship and self-esteem in the LGBT community - 20 March, 2019
- Five ways to tackle sleep apnoea - 20 November, 2018
- Movember: 12 things you should know about prostate cancer - 13 November, 2018
Composite photos of Miss Gay America Andora Te’tee by Kiet Thai. See more photos of Andora Te’tee’s fantastic costumes on her Instagram
Words by Queen of Costumes Miss Gay America 2019 Andora Te’tee
In anticipation of Halloween costume contests everywhere, here are 10 tricks for a prizewinning look from the queen of costumes herself, Miss Gay America 2019, Andora Te’tee.
1. Pick a simple concept and then be the best at it. Example: the Devil. Be the best devil! You don’t want people wondering who you are supposed to be.
2. Make sure you don’t have anything blocking you mouth. That way nothing gets between you and your cocktail3. I you can’t glue it, don’t do it! Glue is the fastest way to make costumes. Yes that’s right girl, you don’t need a sewing machine to look good in Halloween drag!
4. If you make your shoulders bigger, your waist will look smaller. Say yaass! to shoulder pads and shoulder decorations.
5. Add lights. Tuck battery packs away into wigs hats or pockets. This extra element will make you the center of attention at the party.
6. Show off your best asset. Pick one: legs, ass, waist, chest. It’s okay to be sexy or shocking. It’s Halloween!
7. Do contour. Do you know you can contour chest, six-packs, cheek bones?
8. Yes, girl: Your shoes must match your costume! This can easily be done with glue, fabric pieces or spray paint.
9. Your costume must sparkle! Everybody’s eyes are drawn to sparkle. So bring down the glitter and runestones.
10. Go big or go home. Halloween only happens once a year!