Part of Vada Fashion’s theme for January – The Man Month.
From the skate spots of New York that stretch from Chinatown to Tribeca, this latest trend has recently emerged in many of our high street stores. This trend takes inspiration from the simple, clean, chic street-style of Manhattan. Sportswear shapes and fabrics are very influential in this trend with leather bomber jackets and mesh, oversized jerseys and sweatshirts being key pieces.
Statement, all-over printed shirts and tees are another vital element to this trend. Pair with black skinny jeans or, a wardrobe staple, ‘worn-in’ blue denim jeans for the basis of the outfit. Finally, throw on a classic pair of converse and a knitted hat or classic cap to complete this look.
You don’t even need to own a skateboard to pull of this look off. It is quirky, fun, and so simple to re-create – Happy styling!
1. BLACK LEATHER LOOK BOMBER JACKET | £60 | TOPMAN
2. BLACK BECK & HERSEY NY BASKETBALL T SHIRT | £35 | RIVER ISLAND
3. CHAINS T-SHIRT | £19.99 | ZARA MAN
4. NY CAP | £6.99 | H&M
5. CONVERSE BLACK LEATHER WARMLINED HI TOPS | £70 | SCHUH
6. DARK WASH SPRAY ON SKINNY JEANS | £30 | TOPMAN
7. BLACK SPRAY ON SKINNY JEANS | £30 | TOPMAN