- Restaurant review: Late Summer Afternoon Tea at King Street Townhouse, Manchester - 8 August, 2023
- Meet our cover star: Lady Bushra - 28 January, 2023
- Film review: My Best Friend’s Exorcism (Amazon Studios, 2022) - 30 September, 2022
This delish list of gin and vodka cocktails is the perfect accompaniment to a romantic meal for the liquor lover in your life.
Pinktini Cocktail from Pinkster Gin
- 50 ml Pinkster Gin
- 10 ml Elderflower Cordial
- Fill shaker with ice, throw in several raspberries, then add five parts Pinkster to one part cordial.
- Shake and pour into an ice cold glass.
- Garnish with a raspberry and a sprig of mint.
Pinkster Gin RRP £35.00 for 70 cl bottle. ABV 37.5%. Available from pinkstergin.com, Marks & Spencer and over 140 Majestic stores nationwide as well as 31Dover.com and Ocado.
Jawbox Valentine Martini
- 35 ml Jawbox Gin
- 10 ml triple sec
- 10 ml lemon juice
- 10 ml Ruby Blue Cranberry Juice
- 1 egg white
- Dry shake all the ingredients for about 30 seconds.
- Add ice and shake again until cold.
- Double strain into a martini glass and garnish with a star anise.
Jawbox Gin RRP £30 for a 70cl bottle. ABV: 43%. Available from: Tesco, Marks & Spencer, Sainsbury’s, Asda, Ocado, masterofmalt.com, thewhiskyexchange.com, 31dover.com, drinksupermarket.com, Amazon and sainsburys.co.uk.
The Pink Gin Fizz from Malfy con Rosa
- 35ml Malfy con Rosa
- 75ml prosecco.
- Mix one part Malfy con Rosa with two parts prosecco.
- Serve in a prosecco flute.
- Garnish with a (Sicilian) grapefruit twist.
Pink Cow and Tonic from Black Cow Vodka
- 50 ml Black Cow
- Angostura bitters
- Tonic water
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- Pour Black Cow and a good dash of Angostura into an ice filled glass.
- Top with tonic and a squeeze of lemon juice. Garnish with a slice of lemon or orange.
Black Cow Vodka RRP from £28.00 for 70 cl. ABV: 40%. Available from retails stores nationwide including Sainsbury’s, Marks and Spencer, Majestic and blackcow.co.uk.