- Restaurant review: Flora Indica – London - 11 July, 2021
- United We Stand – showcasing everyday queer British life - 5 July, 2021
- Restaurant review: Los Mochis, London - 26 June, 2021
Paradiso of Barcelona, named number 20 of the World’s Best Bars, will be a visiting pop-up in Soho, London in the first week of March.
Normally situated in a Pastrami Bar, Barcelona, and hidden behind the door of a refrigerator, Paradiso is more than a standard speakeasy bar and has been ranked number 20 in the World’s Best Bars. Created by Giacomo Giannotti, Paradiso is better considered as a Broadway show which sees transformations, props, and theatricality all incorporated into a single cocktail. For example, they use a supercooling machine from the haute cuisine of the Roca brothers, and have introduced riboflavin to provide drinks with great spectacularity. These techniques have allowed the Paradiso teams to place themselves at the forefront of cocktail innovation. A show, cocktails, and inevitably a handsome barman, this we at Vada have to try. And we hope their cocktails infuse some of warmer Barcelona weather in London too.
From 3 – 6 March, Paradiso will be serving up one-of-a-kind cocktails from a specially curated menu in the 100 Wardour St bar. Set to make an appearance are the following cocktails:
- KRIPTONITA – best described as Gimlet style with a fluorescent colour and the strength of Superman, this gin-based cocktail is sure to glow.
- CHAMPAGNE NEGRONI – the resulting drink will be made with Gin macerated with Chamomile and Pink Pepper, redistilled Campari, and White Vermouth.
- AIRE DE JALISCO – a Margarita style drink with with spiced and umami notes.
- CARIBE ITALIANO – A Daiquiri with an Italian soul and a tropical touch. This drink sounds as though it has a confused heritage, but we’re nonetheless keen to taste the final shake.
Next door to100 Wardour St, its sister venue, The Den, will be hosting a pop-up for the Dr Stravinsky bar also from Barcelona (from 5 – 8 March).
100 Wardour St is located at 100 Wardour St, Soho, London, W1F 0TN
For more information and to book a table during the Paradiso pop-up, visit 100wardourst.com.