Michelin-starred restaurant Bohemia’s Black Butter and Jersey Brandy Cheesecake recipe comes from chef Steve Smith. This recipe makes 12 portions of Black Butter and Jersey Brandy Cheesecake.
- parchment (grease-proof) paper
- cake tin or mould
- 200g Dulcey chocolate (or milk chocolate)
- 300g Crunchy Valrhona praline (or Nutella)
- 150g feuillentine (or Crunchy Nut Corn Flakes)
- 100g toasted salted hazelnuts blitzed in a food processor
- 2g smoked salt
- 800g cream cheese
- half a tin of cooked condensed milk
- 5 leaves of gelatine
- 150g pasteurised yolks
- 50g sugar
- 200g Dulcey chocolate
- 80g Jersey Brandy
- 100g black butter (or apple puree and a little bit of mixed spice and liquorice)
- 50g of double cream
- 500g whipped double cream
Butter Spiced Jelly
- 400g cider
- 150g Jersey Black Butter
- 3 gelatine leaves
- 25g Jersey apple brandy
- 1 lemon to use for juice
- Melt the chocolate and mix in the praline.
- Fold in the Feuillentine flakes, hazelnuts and smoked salt then spread it between two bits of parchment paper and roll a thin layer into a cake tin or mould.
- Soften the cream cheese with a paddle then add the cooked condensed milk.
- Dissolve the gelatine in the cream.
- Whisk together the eggs and sugar over heat until they are white.
- Melt the chocolate and add to the Jersey Brandy and Black Butter. (If you do not have Jersey Black Butter instead you can use apple puree and a little bit of mixed spice and liquorice.)
- Whisk the cream until thick and fold into the cream cheese mix. Pour over the biscuit base and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
Butter spiced jelly
- Dissolve the gelatine and strain.
- Heat the cider and add the black butter and gelatine.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and set the jelly by placing it into the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Decorate as desired.
The Club Hotel & Spa, Green Street, St. Helier, Jersey JE2 4UH, Channel Islands.
For reservations please call: 01534 876 500 or visit theclubjersey.com.