- LGBT travel inspiration – 7 days in Florida Keys - 11 March, 2023
- LGBT travel inspiration – 5 days in Florida Keys - 9 March, 2023
- LGBT travel inspiration – 4 days in Key West - 7 March, 2023
Hidden away nearby London’s Farringdon is Fentimans’ Secret Spritz Garden. Planted with lavender, rosemary, olive tree, and other aromatic plants, the hideaway is a perfect quiet spot to enjoy a botanical drink
Secret Spritz Garden
Located in the garden of St John Priory Church, The Spritz Garden features a romantic swing seat, trailed with foliage, and a babbling lemon-filled fountain, while the bar itself can be found hidden through the cloister windows. As night falls, garlands of fairy lights will glimmer amid the greenery and mellow music will float across the secret garden.
Fentimans is also partnering with Lillet and Martini Fiero. Ambassadors from each brand will be leading free guided workshops ranging from ‘The Art of the Aperitivo’ to a watercolour spritz painting class. Throughout August, the Spritz Garden will play host to a series of creative masterclasses, including Natural Perfumery, Medicinal Herbalism and a garden-themed Collage Club. On select evenings, the garden will also be filled with the uplifting sound of live jazz from the talented and renowned jazz band Kansas Smitty’s. Full listings of events and tickets are available online.
While its origins lie in Italy, in recent years the crisp effervescence of the spritz has become the go-to cocktail across London on hot summer days. Fentimans have created a dedicated spritz menu designed to be enjoyed in the Secret Spritz Garden and to inspire Londoners to get creative with spritz-making at home this summer. These showcase Fentimans’ naturally flavoured tonic waters, champion British ingredients and nod to lighter low-alcohol cocktails. Menu examples include:
- Rose Spritz – Fentimans Rose Lemonade with Martini Prosecco and fresh strawberries
- Rhubarb Spritz – Fentimans Pink Rhubarb Tonic Water with Martini Bianco, orange and mint
- Botanical Spritz – Fentimans Pink Rhubarb Tonic Water, Everleaf non-alcoholic aperitif, ginger syrup and fresh lime (by far our favourite, which we found to be the most refreshing).
The pop-up Secret Spritz Garden is open from 8 – 29 August, Wednesdays to Saturdays, including the Sunday of the bank holiday weekend.
Location: Fentimans Secret Spritz Garden, St John Priory Church, St John’s Square, Farringdon, London, EC1V 4RQ
For more information, or to book onto one of the workshops, visit secretspritzgarden.com or follow the spritz online searching #secretspritzgarden.