- Inverroche Terrace at The Gantry hotel – Stratford, London - 2 May, 2022
- Dopamine Land – the new immersive art experience arrives in London - 1 May, 2022
- Restaurant review: TH@51 in Taj Hotel, London - 30 April, 2022
South African gin brand Inverroche has partnered with The Gantry Hotel in Stratford, London, to open a pop-up terrace, offering cocktails with a sustainable twist. Vada Magazine popped over for a midweek pick-me-up to.
The Inverroche Terrace
Located inside The Gantry hotel, marketed under the Hilton Curio Collection, this upper upscale property offers a distinct character befitting of the maturing new developments within Stratford, with local offerings and unexpected amenities.
One such amenity, is their latest partnership with South African gin brand, Inverroche, who launched a pop-up menu on Earth Day (22 April) as part of the first floor Union Social restaurant and terrace. The comfortable terrace includes a large fire pit and gorgeous south-west facing views, perfect for sundown cocktails.
On arrival at The Gantry we found there were plenty of helpful staff around, otherwise take a lift or staircase up to the first floor, and ask for a table on the terrace.
Inverroche by nature menu
The drinks menu for Inverroche by nature is served on seed paper, and drinks come with a little seed-paper label that guests can take home to plant on their own terrace (or balcony, or window box). The menu has options for Sustainable Twists or Signature Classics. From the Sustainable Twists, the selection includes:
- Reviver (£11) mixed with Inverroche classic gin, lemon, cointreau, cocci blanco, and Absinthe – this potent serve was our stand-out favourite, conjuring memories through taste.
- Temple Garden (£11) mixed with Inverroche verdant gin, lime, sugar, cucumber, and topped with ginger beer – for those whose drink is a G&T or a mojito we recommend this choice, it is like neither drink but invokes the same sense of familiarity.
- Pollination (£11) – mixed with Inverroche amber gin, Chambord, lemon, local honey, and ginger ale – on first glance this may look like an adult orange cordial, but pay attention to those flavours.
The seed mix in the menu will also be planted on the terrace, so expect to see English daisies and poppies in bloom as the summer months roll in. The seed planting is to encourage biodiversity across the terrace, and a way for guests to create the same, simple, sustainable practice at home.
The pop-up is open now as part of the Union Social restaurant and terrace, and is planned to last several months throughout the summer.
The hotel is about 1 minute walk from Stratford International station or about 10 mins walk from Stratford Station.
The Gantry hotel is located at 40 Celebration Avenue, Stratford, London, E20 1DB
For more information vist thegantrylondon.com