- ‘If you don’t fight for something, nothing will change,’ says Pride 365 founder on Nicola Adams’ Strictly first - 8 September, 2020
- Rugby uniform gets more swipes right on Tinder - 2 September, 2020
- Corn Exchange Manchester to mark fifth birthday by helping guests to celebrate missed occasions - 27 August, 2020
This delicious pair of recipes, for buffalo wings and a blue cheese dip, makes for a great dish for starters or at a buffet. Perfect for the barbecue come summer, and great for a night in with your friends, these buffalo wings are a real treat.
Both recipes come from The Orange Buffalo in London.
Perfect Buffalo Wings Recipe
Wings can be made in a number of different ways but deep frying them is the best – the way Theresa Bellissimo did back in the 1960s at the famous Anchor bar, Buffalo.
12 chicken wings
Rapeseed oil for frying
Matzo meal for coating (optional)
60ml hot pepper sauce (or to taste)
1. Remove the tips of the wings (these can be saved and used to make a stock, if you’re into using everything). Separate the wings at the joint using a knife and flatten them.
2. If you want a crispy coating, you can press the wings into a plate of matzo meal, making sure you cover the wings evenly.
2. Heat the oil to 180®C and put the wings in the fryer.
3. Fry for 7-9 minutes.
4. Mix the hot pepper sauce with some butter. Heat the sauce in a pan or microwave, then coat the chicken wings to taste.
5. Serve with celery and a homemade blue cheese dip.
Blue Cheese Dip Recipe
All the following ingredients need to be mixed together well and kept in the refrigerator. Use within three days.
140g blue cheese (grated or crumbled)
Half cup of sour cream
Half cup of mayonnaise
4 tsp of white wine vinegar
¼ tsp of garlic
2 spring onions (chopped fine)
tsp of chopped chives
2tsp of English mustard
Salt and pepper to taste