Latest posts by Tim Firmager (see all)
- 3 new bars to try this February in London - 16 February, 2019
- Restaurant review: pre-theatre menu at Kaspar’s at The Savoy, London - 10 February, 2019
- Brighton and Hove Pride 2019 – the headliners - 9 February, 2019
Poppies Fish and Chips of Soho has launched a monthly Drag Night, with ecologically minded drag queen Timberlina being the act later in June. At this month’s Drag Night, Timberlina will serve up a night of louche, low key eclectic lounge music with a few audience requests thrown in. Enjoy this laughter-filled evening with a Poppies cocktail or two, or opt for the Poppies set menu.
On the circuit for 10 years, Timberlina takes a humorous look at the LGBTQ community and ecological narratives. The bearded drag queen has performed on stages of all sizes, including at events for Tate, the National Portrait Gallery, and the Southbank Centre. Timberlina is a fascinating character, and describes some of her interests as “searching for the unachievable ever-changing goal, gardening, naval gazing” and “cogitating the tyranny of so-called western civilisation”.
The set menu for 2 costs £45 and includes:
- 2 x portions of fish and chips (cod or haddock only)
- 2 x starter OR dessert
- 1 x bottle of English Sparkling Wine
The next Drag Night will be on Wednesday 20th June, from 9pm.
Poppies is located at Old Compton Street, Soho, London W1D 6HW
To book or reserve a table visit poppiesfishandchips.co.uk or call 0207 7344845 and let the team know you are booking a table to see Timberlina.