Latest posts by Tyler (see all)
- Manchester’s January restaurant sale - 7 January, 2015
- The Saddle Club – The Bay Horse celebrates 10 years with new cocktail den - 22 November, 2014
- #BurgerWars: The Grill on New York Street’s Wagyu Burger - 4 November, 2014
The Bay Horse, in Manchester’s Northern Quarter, celebrated it’s 10th birthday in October. To mark it, they’ve spent a small fortune renovating the basement. The result? Welcome to The Saddle Club. We headed downstairs to check it out…
This October, The Bay Horse celebrated reaching a landmark age of 10 years old; no mean feat for a bar these days, particularly in Manchester’s ever evolving Northern Quarter. To honour the occasion, they devised a whole new menu, new nights of music, an exhibition from photographer Tracey Gibbs, and a bit of a make-over in the basement.
The new ‘Share Our Food’ menu takes inspiration from the venue’s Swedish friends, using knackerbrod (direct translation: breaking bread) as the main base for their signature pizzas. They also claim to have the tastiest selection of finger licking dipping foods in their Top 10 Sharers, which they say are a great way to snack with your drinks if you don’t fancy a full meal.
One of the most exciting changes for ‘We are 10’ had to be The Saddle Club, the new basement space – with a whole new look, including a feature mural wall by Manchester Artist & Illustrator David Bailey; and it’s very own cocktail bar mixing classic cocktails from the Golden Age, with a comprehensive list of 10 popular favourites.
The Saddle Club opens every Thursday to Saturday from 5pm.
Another big change comes in the form of their new regular music nights
- For the jazz connoisseurs amongst you, Thursdays are a must – David McLean plays old jazz vinyl at Something Else.
- Fridays bring The Bay Horse’s new after work social, Soulero, with Peter Jay (Electriks), Lee Andrews (Chips with Everything) and Baggy (Emotional Pop).
- Rotation, Saturday’s new night, offers a selection of the very best Manchester DJs playing every month with Tranarchy, Top Of The Pops, Groovalicious, Nicks Picks and Fast Forward:Rewind.
Fans of the old favourites will be glad to know that you can still look forward to:
- The ever growing open mic night, every Wednesday with Matt and Edwin.
- Sunday afternoons’ Phonography playing the best chilled vinyl to enjoy with the Sunday papers and friends and family.
To thank their customers for 10 years of loyalty, the guys have also come up with four pretty tasty offers: a bottle of house wine, a house beer bucket, two cocktails (The Saddle Club only), or any pizza and salad for just £10, every day until 7pm.
Congratulations on 10 successful years, guys!