- A love letter to Manchester from the Corn Exchange - 10 February, 2021
- ‘If you don’t fight for something, nothing will change,’ says Pride 365 founder on Nicola Adams’ Strictly first - 8 September, 2020
- Rugby uniform gets more swipes right on Tinder - 2 September, 2020
This recipe for restaurant-style homemade tortelloni with a quick and easy pesto comes to us from La Tua Pasta in London.
Tortelloni Spinach and Ricotta
250g fresh spinach leaves
50g parmesan cheese
Pinch of salt and pepper
Pinch of nutmeg
1. Pan-fry the spinach leaves until they are tender.
2. Once they’re cooked, chop them finely.
3. In a large bowl combine the spinach, ricotta, parmesan, salt, pepper and nutmeg, and mix well.
Ingredients (pasta dough)
3 medium eggs
300g wheat flour
300g durum wheat
Pinch of salt
Making the pasta dough
1. Place the flour on a board or in a bowl.
2. Make a well in the centre and crack the eggs into it. Add the salt.
3. Beat the eggs with a fork until smooth.
4. Using the tips of your fingers, mix the eggs with the flour, incorporating a little at a time until everything is combined.
5. Knead the mixture until you have nice and soft dough.
6. Roll the pasta in the traditional way (using a rolling pin) or using a pasta machine until you obtain flat dough (1.5-2mm thickness).
Folding the tortelloni
1. When the dough is flat-ready, cut some circles (a small size cup can help you to have the perfect shape).
2. Put a spoonful of filling on the centre of each circle
3. Fold each circle in half and then fold backwards, bringing the two ends together in a tortelloni shape.
4. Once ready, cook the pasta in salted boiling water for 3-4 minutes.
5. Serve with your homemade pesto sauce
Genoan Pesto Sauce Recipe
1 clove of garlic
A pinch of salt
Half glass of olive oil
1 spoon of pine nuts
6 spoon of parmesan cheese
2 spoon of pecorino cheese
50 g of basil
1. Trim, mince and chop all the ingredients together.
2. Once you obtain the consistency of a sauce, you’re ready to go!
3. Serve with your homemade pasta.
For more information about handmade pasta and more great recipes, check out La Tua Pasta online.