200g plain flour
3/4 tablespoons ice cold water
1 teaspoon of cinnamon (optional)
1 cup blackberries
1 cup raspberries – cut in half
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
3 tablespoons cornflower
1-2 tablespoons caster sugar (depending on taste)
1 egg yolk
Icing sugar for dusting
1. Rub the butter into the flour and cinnamon until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
2. Add the water and combine to make dough.
3. Refrigerate for 1 hour before making the pasties.
4. Preheat oven to 190 degrees centigrade
5. In a small bowl, mix together cornflower, sugar and lemon zest. Set aside.
6. In another bowl, coat the berries with lemon juice.
7. Sprinkle with the cornflower mixture.
8. Roll out the dough to 1/8inch thickness.
9. Cut out circles using an 11cm cutter.
10. Fill centre of dough circle with a desert spoon of the berry filling.
11. In a small bowl, whisk the egg yolk.
12. Brush the edge of the dough circles with the egg and fold in half.
13. Seal the edges with a folk.
14. Brush with egg wash and cut a small slit in the top of each pie to let out steam.
15. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
16. Cool to room temperature and dust with icing sugar.
Recipe from seasonalberries.co.uk.