- How are our sex lives adapting during lockdown? - 17 October, 2020
- The launch of the first ‘Fashion Run’ supporting the British Fashion Council Foundation and other UK charities - 1 September, 2020
- Travis unveil video for single ‘The Only Thing’ featuring Susanna Hoffs of The Bangles, plus 2021 UK tour dates - 25 August, 2020
Image: Escape Velocity. Art by Poetic Kinetics (Tyler Hanson) at Coachella 2014. Photo by Andrew Ruiz.
Ahead of the 62nd Grammys on Sunday 26 January 2020, which will be hosted by Alicia Keys, we bring you these 13 musical facts about cities connected to the awards.
- The Grammy Award trophies are made in Ridgway, Colorado
The gramophone trophies themselves are made in the tiny town of Ridgway in the Colorado mountains, where they are lovingly fashioned by John Billings and his team.
Each award is made in three moulds that are plated with 24-karat gold, taking around 15 hours to make.
It took John Billings a year of sketching and crafting prototypes to come up with the current iconic design in the 1990s. colorado.com
- Nearly all Grammy-winning artists have recorded in a West Hollywood basement
NightBird Recording Studios, founded in 1992, is located beneath the historic Sunset Marquis Hotel. It’s just steps from the Sunset Strip.
Nearly all previous winners of the Grammys have recorded in this studio at least once, making it a popular spot for discerning tourists who want to soak in some of that musical atmosphere. visitwesthollywood.com