- How are our sex lives adapting during lockdown? - 17 October, 2020
- The launch of the first ‘Fashion Run’ supporting the British Fashion Council Foundation and other UK charities - 1 September, 2020
- Travis unveil video for single ‘The Only Thing’ featuring Susanna Hoffs of The Bangles, plus 2021 UK tour dates - 25 August, 2020
- Jimi Hendrix hails from Seattle, Washington
Did you know that the legendary singer-songwriter Jimi Hendrix was born in Seattle, Washington State, in 1942?
Beloved as one of the world’s most influential guitarists of all time, Hendrix was inspired to pick up the guitar after he saw Elvis Presley perform in Seattle in 1957.
Seattle’s Museum of Pop Culture has plenty of information on Hendrix which will be sure to please tourists with musical interests. visitseattle.co.uk
- The Lumineers are based in Denver, Colorado
American folk rock band The Lumineers formed in 2005 and rose to fame in 2012 with the song ‘Ho Hey’. They are based in the Mile High City of Denver, Colorado. This city is known for its chilled out, urban vibe.
In August 2019, The Lumineers performed the first concert of new music venue Mission Ballroom in the trendy RiNo neighbourhood. denver.org
- Steve Aoki grew up in Newport Beach, California
If you like EDM, high-energy DJ Steve Aoki is a legend on the scene, known for his electrifying performances. He’s collaborated with will.i.am, Kid Cudi and Fall Out Boy.
Though Aoki was born in Miaim, he grew up in Newport Beach, California, where he went to Newport Harbor High School and attended the University of California in Santa Barbara. www.visitnewportbeach.com
- Thea Austin was born in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Thea Austin was the lead singer and co-writer of Snap!’s 1992 number one dance hit ‘Rhythm Is a Dancer‘. The multi-platinum singer, songwriter and composer was born and raised in Pittsburgh.
Austin fronted several bands before she recorded the hit song with rapper Turbo B. Turbo B reportedly hated ‘Rhythm Is a Dancer’, and especially the lyric ‘I’m serious as cancer when I say rhythm is a dancer’. The dance track went on to top the charts, however, and is still seen as an iconic dance hit 28 years later.
Pittsburgh also has its fair share of iconic venues, including Heiz hall, Carnegie Music Hall and Shenley Park. www.visitpittsburgh.com