Latest posts by Kim X (see all)
- Madonna to perform at WorldPride NYC 2019: Stonewall 50 - 3 June, 2019
- #WATCH: Alien 40th Anniversary Short Film: Harvest - 28 April, 2019
- Stay in a bubble and experience the Jurassic Park lifestyle in safety - 27 April, 2019
Fancy beating those winter blues with some ‘me’ time? To help, yoga specialist Serenity Escapes has launched a short break packed with yoga and skiing in Slovakia’s spectacular High Tatras.
The package includes a stay at the Grand Hotel Praha, and is ideal for beginner and intermediate level skiers and yogis – the three night/four days breaks cost £1199 per person.
With no single supplements or hidden costs, the holiday includes:
- return flights from six UK departure airports (Gatwick, Stansted, Heathrow, Liverpool, Bristol and Edinburgh) to Krakow with airport transfers
- three-nights half board accommodation
- six tutored yoga sessions
- three-day lift pass and ski or snowboard equipment hire
- three meditation workshops, a cryotherapy treatment and guided walk
- unlimited access to the hotel’s extensive spa and wellness centre.
Available 20-27 January 2019 and 23 February to 2 March 2019, the breaks are based on a maximum of seven participants.
The two 75-minute tutored yoga sessions each provide a holistic bookend to the day, and feature a dynamic pre-breakfast morning ‘wake-up’ plus a more relaxing late afternoon session.
With skiing the morning focus, guests can make the most of the excellent conditions in the Tatranska Lomnica ski resort. Here, the lower newly built slopes with a state of the art snow making system, offer ideal conditions for those looking to improve their abilities; while more experienced skiers can enjoy the black run starting at the altitude of 2196 m and ski all the way down the longest ski run of Slovakia with its 6.5km length. Serenity Yoga also operates a regular shuttle from the hotel to the Strbske Pleso resort where, as well as 12km of slopes, there’s also a superb snowboard funpark.
After a full morning on the slopes, post lunch activities include a visit to an extreme cold cryotherapy treatment centre that sees guests briefly plunged into an ice cold chamber before embarking on a physiotherapist led kinesiotherapy class. Another optional afternoon activity enables guests to pull on their snow boots and enjoy a magical walk in the snowy alpine forests. Daily meditation workshops are also included in the programme. Plus, there’s also enough free time to make the most of the hotel’s wellness facilities.
The Ski and Yoga Escape is based at the four-star Hotel Grand Hotel Praha. Originally built in 1905, the hotel retains a grand turn-of-the-century style. Recently renovated it features indoor saunas, large swimming pool and treatment rooms as well as an inviting alfresco centre with a heated pool and hot tubs surrounded by an impressive mountain backdrop.
For more information and to book visit serenityescapes.eu or call 0161 7914126.