- Doctor Who Time Fracture, an immersive theatre experience - 29 April, 2021
- Northern Pride Online 2.1 is calling for drag performers to apply now - 28 April, 2021
- Drag Up! A course to help you create your own drag persona - 26 April, 2021
At Vada, we are pleased to hear that some LGBT festivals and events are able to restart in the UK in a physical (rather than purely online) format, following the relevant Covid-19 safety guidelines. Bristol Pride Festival is the latest to have confirmed that their annual pride event is returning to the city and going ahead in person this year in 2021.
The festival is run by the charity Bristol Pride, who host events and activities year round to challenge homophobia, biphobia, transphobia, and to promote equality and diversity. Their biggest event, Bristol Pride festival is being supported this year by headline sponsor Unite Student, the student accommodation provider.
Eve Russell, the Festival Director of Bristol Pride said “We are so excited to be working on delivering this year’s festival in person again and to be able to bring everyone back together to celebrate safely. It’s been an incredibly challenging year for everyone, and the LGBT+ community has been disproportionately affected, so it feels right that we create events that will focus on community, giving us all the chance to reconnect but also to be loud, proud and visible once more.”
When is Bristol Pride Festival: 3 July – 16 July 2021
Where is Bristol Pride Festival: At locations across the city of Bristol, including Pride Day celebrations in Castle Park
What events are on:
- Pride Day – a special event in Castle Park which will host a food market, family and youth areas and roaming live performances, all delivered with some Bristol Pride flair.
- Pride March – Thousands of people are expected to take part and show their love and support for our LGBT+ community in the walking march.
- Pride Night – which includes the official afterparty at O2 Academy
- Drag Cabaret Night – featuring queens from RuPaul’s Drag Race UK
- And many other events including a comedy night, dog show, circus night, theatre night and the Queer Vision Film Festival.
Find out more at bristolpride.co.uk