Latest posts by Tim Firmager (see all)
- 3 cocktails to shake up using CÎROC White Grape vodka - 8 December, 2019
- Bar review: Passport cocktail menu – St James Bar, London - 18 November, 2019
- Being Human festival presents performance on queer dating ads - 11 November, 2019
Quaglino’s, the iconic mayfair restaurant hosts Mica Paris in November, performing from her album Mica Sings Ella, for an intimate performance honouring Queen of Jazz, Ella Fitzgerald.
Quaglino’s, the upmarket Mayfair restaurant known for entertaining royals (and us, when we previously reviewed the venue) will be hosting Mica Paris on 12 November. The performance, by the UK soul artist will include songs from the album such as ‘I’ve Got You Under My Skin’ and ‘Ev’ry time We Say Goodbye’. In this special one-off performance guests will see Mica take the stage bringing her own individualism and modernity to the 1950s tracks.
Mica made a name for herself in 1988, when she entered the UK singles chart with ‘So Good’, and from an album that would go on to be platinum-selling. The album, Mica Sings Ella was released in 2017 with baking music from Guy Barker orchestra. She is also known for her collaborations with Prince, Jimmy Barnes, James Morrison and Jools Holland, as well as having a career in the West End, (a lead role in the UK tour of Chicago and Love Me Tender). She will also soon to be starring in internationally known play FAME.
Quaglino’s are offering various packages, ticket prices below:
- £35 to enjoy the performance from the bar, including a cocktail
- £45 to enjoy the performance from the bar plus a cocktail and bar snacks
- £70 to watch the performance from the restaurant’s standard seats, including a three-course dinner and a cocktail
- £90 to watch the performance from the restaurant’s premium seats, including a three-course dinner and a glass of champagne
Quaglino’s is located at 16 Bury Street, London, SW1Y 6AJ
For more information and to book, visit quaglinos-restaurant.co.uk.