- 6 tips to improve your sexual health and wellbeing - 27 September, 2021
- 6 chic wedding decoration ideas to steal - 11 June, 2021
- Full programme for Alternative Manchester Pride Festival published today - 26 August, 2020
A survey of trans people has found that 60% of trans employees have experienced workplace discrimination.
The shocking figures suggest more needs to be done to support and guide employers in protecting their LGBT employees.
Of the 435 trans people surveyed:
- 60% have experienced transphobic workplace discrimination.
- 53% have felt the need to hide their trans status from colleagues.
- 51% believe acceptance and understanding of trans employees in the workplace has improved due to increased media focus on trans issues.
- 50% received a positive reaction from colleagues when they transitioned.
- 43% actively look for companies with trans-friendly policies when applying for a job.