- Preview: Mother’s Ruin: Speaks & Shows at Turn on Fest, Hope Mill Theatre, Manchester - 4 January, 2020
- Great January sale dining offers in Manchester - 28 December, 2019
- Preview: Barbie Green officially opens in Barbican, London - 17 December, 2019
So it’s only a few short days until National Dumpling Day! This year, National Dumpling Day falls on Wednesday 26 September 2018, and you can celebrate by having a go at making your own tasty, authentic Chinese dumplings.
The Royal China Group is one of London’s favourite Dim Sum restaurants. Try their easy dumpling recipe at home, and have a read of their tips for pairing Dim Sym with tea.
Recipe: Chicken & Chive Dumplings
- 300g ground Chicken
- 200g shelled fresh shrimps
- ½ a bunch of finely chopped Chinese garlic chives
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tbs Chinese Shao Shing wine
- 1 tbs light soy sauce
- ½ tsp freshly grated ginger
- ½ tsp ground dried shrimp
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1 ½ tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbs cornstarch
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground white pepper
Dumpling pastry ingredients:
- Whole chives
- 4 Shu-mei wrappers (Wonton Skin)
- Whip by hand all filling ingredients until they all hold together.
- Place a dollop the filling in the centre of each wrapper and bring up the corners to form a little “money bag.” Leave the top open so that you can see some of the meat.
- Blanch the whole chives in very hot water tap water. Then tie a chive around the neck of each dumpling so that it looks like it is wearing a little green belt.
- Steam the dumplings in an oiled bamboo steamer for 15 minutes, in a steaming wok.
Serve hot with sweet chilli dip sauce.
The Royal China Group consists of six of London’s most authentic and prestigious Chinese restaurants, including the luxurious and critically-acclaimed Royal China Club. Based in prime areas of London, the restaurants are centrally located on Baker Street, as well as in Bayswater, Fulham, Harrow-on-the-Hill and Canary Wharf. For more information, visit royalchinagroup.co.uk.