Tel Aviv is making already well known this year for its controversial advertising campaigns for Tel Aviv Pride 2016 and subsequently almost cancelling the event due to the Israeli government’s lack of commitment to LGBT rights. The adverts showed a grey, desolate London with the caption ‘Imagine London without gays…’ with the punchline soon emerging that they had all left London to visit Israel’s Pride event. Whether you agreed with the advert or not (or perhaps weren’t aware of it), it cannot be denied that Tel Aviv is becoming one of the top LGBT destinations in the world, and the Pride Parade 2016 is confirmed.
This year the Tel Aviv Pride 2016 festival runs between 25 May to 5 June, with the main event, The Pride Parade, being held on Friday 3rd June. We are sure that there will be no shortage of culture, music, parties, drag shows and of course fabulous gay tourists!
This year marks the 19th time Tel Aviv Pride 2016 Parade will start in Me’ir Park (Gan Me’ir). The event starts at 10am and will feature floats, marching groups, uplifting music along with countless participants and spectators. The parade leaves the garden and follows a route through Tel Aviv towards the Charles Clore beach, where the infamous beach party will be held from 3pm until sunset.
Highlights from the 2015 Tel Aviv Pride beach party
- Throughout Pride – Have a night out at the Lima Gay Dance Bar
- Throughout Pride – Sauna Tel Aviv – different events on every evening
- May 27 – Miss Trans Isreal 2016
- June 1 – Pride 2016 Cocktail reception at Cucu Hotel
- June 2 – Shefayim Waterpark party – expect sun, alcohol, music and of course guys in Speedos
- June 3 – FFF Pride Main Event: Flower Child – after the parade there is an impressive line up of local and international DJs and performers including Sex shooters from London, Ana Paula from Brazil and Dani Toro from Mykonos.
For more information on what’s on during Tel Aviv Pride 2016, visit Gay Tel Aviv.