Latest posts by Vada That (see all)
- Speak Out Sister launches to represent majority of feminists who are trans-inclusive - 15 June, 2022
- Manchester Jewish Museum reopens with exciting new installation as part of Manchester International Festival - 20 May, 2021
- Preview: Mother’s Ruin: Speaks & Shows at Turn on Fest, Hope Mill Theatre, Manchester - 4 January, 2020
Celebrate Christmas in style with these three festive, crimson cocktails from Malfy Gin and Black Cow Vodka.
Malfy 1968 Sangria Cocktail
Made with Malfy con Arancia which is distilled with Sicilian blood oranges, which makes it especially fitting for Christmas. The cocktail is pictured above.
- 50 ml Malfy con Arancia
- 15 ml Martini Extra Dry (or vermouth)
- 5 ml lemon juice
- half tsp orange marmalade
- 25 ml Fireball Liqueur (or cinnamon liqueur)
- 5 ml Italicus Rosiolo di Bergamotto (or Italian bergamot liqueur)
- Dash of orange soda (to top up)
- Shake all ingredients, strain over ice and top with orange soda.
- Garnish with cinnamon and orange peel.
Malfy Negroni Originale
This cocktail has the pleasing bitterness of a negroni, but with the robust red colour of Santa Claus’ bag of treats.
- 25ml Malfy Originale Gin
- 25ml Campari
- 25ml Martini Rosso (or vermouth rosso)
- Large slice of orange (to garnish)
- Mix the ingredients together.
- Serve in tumbler filled with ice and a large slice of orange.
The Bloody Cow is a twist on your average bloody Mary, with a milk-based vodka providing a unique edge to the cocktail.
- 50 ml Black Cow
- 25 ml sweet sherry
- Celery salt (to taste)
- Black pepper (to taste)
- Lemon juice (to taste)
- Top up with tomato juice, good splash of Lea Perrins and Tabasco.
- Add a dash of celery salt and black pepper.
- Squeeze a few drops of lemon juice and serve in a highball glass over ice.