- 6 tips to improve your sexual health and wellbeing - 27 September, 2021
- 6 chic wedding decoration ideas to steal - 11 June, 2021
- Full programme for Alternative Manchester Pride Festival published today - 26 August, 2020
Especially for Mother’s Day, R&B Distillers is teaming up with Bourne & Hollingsworth Buildings to concoct a delicious spring cocktail using R&B’s new Borders whisky.
Whisky is too frequently shrouded in tartan and the assumption that it is a man’s drink to be sipped by the fireside of antiquated gentlemen’s clubs. Well, the Ma-jito proves those assumptions wrong!
2016 is the year for whisky to shed the baggage of tradition and R&B’s Borders Single Grain whisky is dry and complex but with a lightness that works well in a cocktails.
Likewise, B&H’s sweet and fruity ‘Ma-jito’ (£9.50) is set to convert even the most sceptical whisky drinker into ardent fans.
15ml Lemon Juice
15ml Creme de Peche
5ml Acacia Honey
2 Dash Orange Bitters
6 Mint Leaves
1. Add all ingredients to glass.
2. Add crushed ice.
3. Churn gently and then cap with crushed ice.
4. Garnish with a sprig of mint, a lemon twist and a rose petal.
The cocktail will be available at B&H Buildings on Mothering Sunday (Sunday 6 March).