Chelsea’s latest opening, No. Fifty Cheyne, has undergone a 9-month renovation to breath new life into the brasserie.
Set across two floors, the new local offers a full-dining restaurant experience, headed up by Chef Iain Smith (previously Head Chef at Social Eating House). Iain focusses on fresh, seasonal ingredients for his unpretentious, modern British menu. The ground floor is centred around an open grill, and upstairs the red bar and drawing room is for cocktails and lounging.
Upstairs is led by Max Berrington who steered Brønnum in Copenhagen to the award of ‘Best Bar’ in the Danish capital. Now returned home to the UK to create the cocktail list for the Drawing Room and ruby red bar, offering guests drinks be it for a night cap, afternoon aperitif or brunch time coffee. Coinciding a visit with the start of the RHS Chelsea Flower Show, meant we were greeted by an impressive floral display, and sampled a handful of cocktails available by Max.
- Chelsea Ramos (£13.50), made with Tonka infused Silent Pool gin, champagne, coconut, cream, citrus, and egg white – the foam has a very particular method to create, and this gives the illusion of a milkshake rather than a cocktail.
- Albert’s Spritz (£12.50), made with Kamm & Sons, Italicus bergamot liqueur, soda, and Champagne – is light and refreshing, though not quite as satisfying as an Aperol Spritz, sorry Albert.
- Pavilion Sour (£13), is a scented curiosité made with Absolut Elyx, Pierre Ferrand Dry Curacao, Lillet Rose, cranberry, lemon, and scented with Roja Dove Enigma Pour Homme. The perfume isn’t Chanel No5, so don’t drink it, only the cocktail.
- All the King’s Men (£14) is made with with Black Bottle Whisky, pineapple, pink peppercorn, and Peychaud’s bitters – for those who want an introduction to whisky without having to sip it neat.
- Second Secret (£12) is concocted from Bulleit Bourbon, Laird’s apple brandy, house grenadine, and lemon is sweet and oh-so-sip-able on a Saturday afternoon.
No. Fifty Cheyne is located at 50 Cheyne Walk, Chelsea, London, SW3 5LR
No. Fifty Cheyne will open seven days a week, welcoming guests in for both lunch and dinner. For more menus and to book a table, visit fiftycheyne.com.